NEPAL PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCH AND
PHRD Nepal works in broader field of health encompassing realm of elderly health, maternal neonatal and child health, nutrition, reproductive health, environmental health and other cross cutting issues focusing on marginalized and disadvantaged group in Nepal. PHRD Nepal is committed to strengthen the health system in federal structure of Nepal through various public health actions and efforts through high quality research. For which, it aims to strengthen the local government for delivering high quality basic health services.
Focus Areas of PHRD Nepal
- Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health
- Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Health Policy and Guidelines
- Health System Strengthening
- Health Research
- Communicable and Non-communicable diseases
- Disaster Prevention and Management
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Health Information Communication Technology
- Health Advocacy
- Health Infrastructure
Since its inception PHRD Nepal has taken initiatives to advocate the relevant public health issues at national and regional level. With regard to the domain of ensuring health as the right and responsibilities of Nepalese people.